Eureka Village Hostel is a 45 bed residential aged care home located in picturesque Ballarat East.
Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the building is light filled with large open plan living and dining areas, which also cater for the many social activities, concerts and visiting entertainment that are organised for the residents.
The shared living areas include:
- Multiple large open plan living rooms with flat screen TVs, DVDs and CD players
- Intimate sitting areas
- Private meeting room equipped with a dining setting to allow residents and families to have a private catch up or meal together
- Spacious purpose-built activities area for the many social activities that take place each week, and also for larger families to gather for special occasions
- Broadband kiosk featuring two computers, one of which is a touch screen, enabling residents to access the internet and Skype family and friends (with staff assistance, if required)
Outside, residents and families can enjoy a stroll around the gardens or have a meal in the pergola area, which is equipped with a gas BBQ and outdoor dining setting. Residents can participate in gardening activities.
All 45 rooms are single occupancy with private ensuite. All feature a bay window with most looking out onto the gardens. Residents are encouraged to personalise their space with small furniture items, soft furnishings, photographs and mementos from home to make their room their own.
Eureka Village also provides a secure, dementia specific service for a limited number of residents.
All rooms include
- Private ensuite
- Built in wardrobes
- Electric, height adjustable bed (sensor mats available where required)
- Telephone line available
- TV antenna
- Nurse call bell (bedside and bathroom)
You need to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment (ACAS) Officer to become a resident in any aged care facility. The ACAS service can be accessed through Ballarat Health Services. Referral to the ACAS service can be made by your GP, service provider, a family member or carer, or it can be a self-referral. For further information about ACAS please phone 03 5320 3740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org